What is IELTS Test?
The International English Language Testing System IELTS is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. It is jointly managed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge Assessment English, and was established in 1989. We will teach you how to register for free.
Cambridge is in the UK, you are in Nepal; hence to connect you and Cambridge comes either the British Council or the IDP. Accordingly, you can book our test either through the British Council or IDP, don’t worry, there is no difference, not even in the questions. Candidates can do the IELTS exam registration either online or offline mode. There is two formats of the test.
- Computer delivered test
- Paper based test
Computer-delivered IELTS is available 3 times a day, 7 days a week. Computer-based IELTS is the same in content, structure, and format. Those who prefer typing can go for Computer-based IELTS there you can take the Reading, Writing, and Listening tests on a computer while the Speaking test would be with a certified IELTS examiner. The biggest advantage of taking the IELTS on the computer is one gets the results in 3-5 days.
While those opting for paper-based IELTS can take the Reading, Writing, and Listening sections on paper with an HB pencil or a pen. The Speaking test will be face-to-face with a trained IELTS examiner. The results of the paper-based IELTS are announced after 13 calendar days from the test date.
IELTS test is available on 48 fixed dates per year (up to four times a month), depending on local demand. The candidates have the liberty of giving the exam on any of the 48 days in as per their convenience. Apart from this, candidates can also reattempt the exam whenever they want. Also, there is no limit for giving the IELTS test, candidates can give the IELTS exam as many times as they want or till they reach their dream score. However, every time the candidate has to pay the exam fee.
|Types/Form||IELTS Standard||IELTS for UKVI|
|Academic||NRs 25,400||NRs 28,000|
|General||NRs 25,400||NRs 28,000|
|Life Skills A1||N/A||NRs 19,600|
Note: Contact us to receive a Direct Cash Discount up to NRs 2500 While booking IELTS Test.
Booking IELTS Date with the British Council:-
- Free access to a last minute preparation course ‘Road to IELTS’: which includes nine videos giving advice and tutorials, 100 interactive activities and two IELTS practice tests for each of the four skills.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have multiple test locations in countries all around the world. There are more than 800 official British Council IELTS test centres, all of which are conveniently located and have modern facilities.
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free: we send these free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities, etc.)
- Easy booking and friendly, professional staff: you can book the test online or in person with convenient payment options. Our experienced staff will help you every step of the way to make sure that your IELTS journey runs smoothly.
To book direct with the British Council, simply choose your country/territory from the dropdown below:
Following this mandate, only double dose vaccinated candidates can appear for IELTS exam and it is mandatory for all our test takers to display their vaccination card to appear for the test. Please bring your vaccination card (electronic copy is also accepted) during your Listening, Reading Writing and Speaking test days.
How to book an IELTS test?
You may either book YOUR IELTS test online or come to your nearest IDP branch to book it offline. Here are the steps:
- Log on to https://ielts.idp.com/nepal
- Select the option ‘Register for Test’
- Pick your desired test location/city (available IELTS test centres in Nepal are mentioned)
- Book your preferred test and date (be extremely careful while choosing the module you wish to take)
- Fill up the required details and complete the online application
- Proceed to pay the test fee
Once your test date is booked, you will receive an acknowledgment on your registered email.
Booking your Speaking test slot online
For the Speaking test, you can book a slot online on your preferred date and time (only for IELTS on paper). If you fail to choose a slot within the stated time period, a time slot will be automatically allocated to you.
How to book your computer-delivered IELTS?
You can follow the same procedure in order to book computer-delivered IELTS. Just look for the icon beside the date to book your IELTS. Please note it doesn’t have the option to book a slot for Speaking test online.
You will need your credit/debit card to make a payment online (or pay by cash at the bank or by card at the IDP Nepal office). Find detailed info on payment here.
You will also have to upload a clear, scanned colour copy of your passport to complete the process.
A final confirmation email with test date, time and venue will be sent five to seven days before your IELTS test. If bookings are made five days or fewer before the test date, the final confirmation email will be sent as soon as possible. Ensure that your email account settings allow IDP emails and keep checking your spam/junk folder in case you don’t seem to receive any.
How much does the IELTS test cost?
The IELTS test fee is NPR 21,500
What does the fee include? Our IELTS test fee includes exclusive preparation materials, free practice tests and much more.
Your Listening, Reading, and Writing sections of the test will be completed on the same day with no break in between. During the pandemic, we are running tests in the morning and in the afternoon. All sessions allow social distancing. Morning sessions are usually between 9.00 am and 12.00 pm. Afternoon sessions are usually between 1.00 pm and 4.00 pm.
If you take IELTS on paper, your Speaking test will take place on a different day to the other sections of the test, in a 7-day window before or after the main test day. You will receive an email confirming your Speaking test date 48 hours in advance.
Choose your Speaking test slot
You can choose your Speaking test slot whether you take IELTS on a computer or on paper. If we need to change your slot due to the pandemic, we will notify you by email or phone.
The tables below show the available upcoming IELTS on paper- in centre (Academic and General Training) only in Nepal.
- Test_dates_for_IELTS_on_paper_2022(Adobe PDF 582KB)
- Test_dates_for_IELTS_UKVI_2022(Adobe PDF 543KB)
- Test_dates_for_IELTS_LifeSkills_2022(Adobe PDF 535KB)